Well, it’s the end of the month and this means that it’s time for me to provide my usual list of links to my ten favourite articles about making art, writing fiction and/or making webcomics that I’ve posted here over the past month. As usual, I’ll also include a couple of honourable mentions.
All in all, this month was something of a mixed bag. Although there are some articles that I’m really proud of, there were also times when the quality dropped somewhat. In addition to this, I also ended up writing more reviews than usual this month too (this may end up turning into something of a trend, or it might not. I’m not sure, although I’ll still try to follow my “don’t post two reviews in a row” rule).
Anyway, here are the lists. Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – May 2018:
– “Why Does Current Art Often Look Slightly ‘Old’? – A Ramble”
– “When NOT To Let Your Art Evolve – A Ramble”
– “Four Tips For Adding Some 1990s-Style Silliness To Your Story Or Comic”
– “Five Things That Two Old TV Shows Can Teach Us About 1990s-Style Storytelling”
– “Four Ways To Make Your Audience Feel Like Rebels”
– “Why Creative People Should Be Critics Too – A Ramble”
– “Making Digital Art With Open-Source Software – A Demonstration”
– “Five Reasons Why Artists Should Be Gamers Too”
– “How Artists Work Out Their ‘Process'”
– “Three Cheap Ways To Make Trendy Types Of Art”