Well, it’s the end of the month and this means that it’s time for me to collect links to my ten favourite articles about writing, making art, making webcomics, reading etc.. that I’ve posted here over the past month. As usual, I’ll include a few honourable mentions too.
All in all, this month was a reasonably good one in terms of articles – even though, like with the previous few months, there were fewer “ordinary” articles due to the fact that I’m posting reviews every 2-4 days. Likewise, I also tried (and failed – I finished it, but the quality was terrible) to write a 1980s-style horror novella at the time I was writing this month’s articles (and also started another novella project which I decided to write at a slower pace).
Talking of reviews, I ended up reviewing 13 novels and 2 “Doom II” WADs this month 🙂 The best novels that I reviewed this month are probably: “Box Nine” & “Word Made Flesh” by Jack O’Connell, “Zombie Apocalypse! Acapulcalypse Now” by Alison Littlewood, “Something Wicked This Way Comes” by Ray Bradbury, “A Second Chance” by Jodi Taylor, “Working For The Devil” by Lilith Saintcrow and “Heartstone” by C. J. Sansom.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – March 2019:
– “When Does Cover Art Really Matter?”
– “Two Terrifying Tips For Writing Extreme Horror Fiction”
– “Four Thoughts About When (And How) To Abandon A Book You’re Reading”
– “Three Random (But Realistic) Tips For Writing 1990s-Style Fiction”
– “Three Random Tips For Creating Satirical Comics”
– “Two Ways To Save Time Whilst Making Art”
– “Two Basic Differences Between Modern And Older Novels”
– “Two Basic Things To Do When A Creative Project Fails”
– “Two Ways To Make Greyscale Drawings/Paintings Based On Your Colour Photos”
– “Three Basic Tips For Writing Book Reviews”