Well, it’s the end of the month, so it’s time for my usual list of links to the ten best articles about writing, making art etc… that I posted here over the past month. As usual, I’ll also include a couple of honourable mentions.
All in all, this month was a reasonably good one in terms of articles (not to mention that this blog also celebrated it’s sixth anniversary too 🙂). But, like with the past few months, there were fewer articles due to the usual book reviews.
In terms of book reviews, this month was a bit of an interesting one. Although there was something of a temporary drop in the quality/sophistication of the books I reviewed near the end of the month (mostly for time, weather etc.. related reasons), I ended up reviewing thirteen books this month 🙂 The highlights were probably “The Scarlet Gospels” & “Weaveworld” by Clive Barker, “Autonomous” by Annalee Newitz, “A Trail Through Time” by Jodi Taylor, “Dominion” by C. J. Sansom and “Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy” by S. D. Perry.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – April 2019:
– “Six Things I’ve Learnt From Running A Blog For Six Years”
– “Three Tips For Writing Reassuring Horror Fiction”
– “Three Thoughts About Novelisations And Spin-Off Novels”
– “Three Tips For Finding Your Own “Style” Of Horror Fiction”
– “How To Know Which Details To Include In Photo-Based Paintings/Drawings”
– “Using Banality In Dystopian Fiction”
– “Three Sneaky Ways To Reduce Reader Frustration”
– “Two Reasons Why Writers Include Metafiction In Their Stories”
– “Three Reasons Why ‘Low Fantasy’ Is Better Than ‘High Fantasy’”
– “How To Find “New” Art Techniques – A Ramble”