Well, it’s the end of the month and this means that it’s time for me to do my usual thing of collecting a list of links to the ten best articles about writing fiction, reading books, making art etc… that I’ve posted here over the past month. As usual, I’ll include a couple of honourable mentions too.
In terms of articles, most of this month’s articles were writing-based ones and the quality was somewhat variable (mostly due to things like hot weather at the time of writing, which tended to drain my enthusiasm a bit).
This hot weather also had a slight impact on the number of book reviews I posted this month (with only twelve of them appearing). On the plus side, thanks to the fact that the weather sometimes made me gravitate towards quicker/easier novels, I had time to post the first game review I’ve posted here this year (plus, two “Doom II” level reviews too 🙂 ).
Anyway, out of the novels I read this month, the best ones were probably “Dead Of Night” by Jonathan Maberry, “Sacrilege” by S. J. Parris, “More Tales Of The City” by Armistead Maupin, “Bloodlist” by P. N. Elrod and “Dying Words” by Shaun Hutson.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – May 2019:
– “Storytelling In Books vs Storytelling On TV – A Ramble”
– “Three Tips For Making Your Zombie Story Stand Out From The Crowd”
– “Writing: Creativity Via Limitations – A Ramble”
– “Three Tips For Finding A Short Story Idea”
– “Four Reasons Why Novels Are More Punk Than You Might Think”
– “Three Ways That Writers Make Stories Faster Or Slower To Read”
– “Two Ways To Spruce Up A Familiar Story”
– “Three Reasons Why Books Don’t Get Remakes”
– “Working Out What To Show The Audience – A Ramble”
– “Obscurity And The Written Word – A Ramble”