Well, it’s the end of the month and this means that it’s time for me to do my usual thing of providing a list of links to the ten best articles about making art, writing fiction and/or making webcomics that I’ve posted here over the past month (plus a few honourable mentions too).
All in all, this month has been a reasonably good one in terms of articles, even if I was also busy with lots of stuff. Still, there ended up being slightly more reviews posted here than I’d initially planned (then again, this seems to be something of a trend here these days).
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – August 2018:
– “One Basic Way To Get The Size Of Everything In Your Drawing Or Painting Right”
– “When A Story Fails At The Last Minute – A Ramble”
– “Three Basic Reasons Why Nostalgia Turns Up In Creative Works A Lot”
– “When A Short Story Turns Out Badly – A Ramble”
– “Three Things To Do If You Worry That Your Art Is Getting Worse”
– “When Your Art Style Gets In The Way – A Ramble”
– “One Benefit Of Creative Limitations”
– “When Nostalgia Isn’t Defined – A Ramble”
– “Simplification And Storytelling – A Ramble”
– “Two More Quick Tips For Making Monochrome Art”
– “Make Your Filler Comics Fun (To Make) – A Ramble”
– “Two Quick Tips For When Your Artistic Enthusiasm Runs Low”
– “Here’s Another Thing Computer And Video Games Can Teach Writers And Artists“
Well, it’s the end of the month and that means that it’s time for me to compile my usual list of links to my ten favourite articles about making art, making comics, writing fiction etc… that I’ve posted here during the past month. As usual, I’ll also include a couple of honourable mentions too.
This month was kind of a strange one, since there were far more writing-related articles than usual (mostly because, due to writing these articles in advance, I was also busy writing these short stories whilst preparing this month’s articles).
Likewise, thanks to being busy with other projects, I ended up using recycled title graphics quite a bit this month – although thankfully, the quality of the actual articles didn’t really suffer though. Plus, it also meant that my planned review of “Shadowrun: Dragonfall” has been pushed back even further, since I had been too busy to complete all or most of the game whilst preparing this month’s articles.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂
Top Ten Articles – August 2017:
– “Three Reasons Why It’s Important To Be “Well Read” (In Written Or Visual Media) If You Are An Artist, Writer etc…”
– “Three Tips For Making Minimalist Art (Or, My Interpretation Of It)”
– “Three Tips For Finding Your Own Artistic Interpretation Of ‘Retro’”
– “Four Ghoulish Tips For Making 1980s-Inspired Horror Artwork”
– “Three More Tips For Making Better Paintings When You’re Extremely Tired”
– “Three Random Tips For Writing Cyberpunk Comedy”
– “Three Basic Tips For Coming Up With Cyberpunk Stories”
– “Three Basic Ways To Connect A Group Of Cyberpunk Short Stories”
– “Do You Need To Be Tech-Savvy To Write Cyberpunk Fiction?”
– “Four Tips For Writing Cyberpunk Fiction Quickly”
– “Three Tips For Writing (Cyberpunk) “Flash Fiction” Stories”
– “Three Tips For Including Popular Culture In Your Webcomic”