Well, it’s the end of the month and that means that it’s time for me to compile my usual list of links to my ten favourite articles about making art, making comics, writing fiction etc… that I’ve posted here during the past month. As usual, I’ll also include a couple of honourable mentions too.
The quality of this month’s art/writing-based articles was slightly variable, mostly because I was also focusing on my “1990s film reviews” series too.
Although the next review in this series won’t appear until the 3rd July at the earliest (since I haven’t written a “Doom II” WAD review in a while and I’m also still sticking to my “don’t post reviews on consecutive days” rule), I am at least learning how to balance reviews and article-writing. Still, when I was getting used to it earlier this month, the quality of my “ordinary” articles dipped slightly.
Anyway, here are the lists. Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – June 2018:
– “Three Reasons Why The Monster Genre Is Brilliant”
– “What To Do When Unenthusiasm Strikes In The Middle Of A Painting”
– “One Surprising Thing FPS Games Can Teach Us About Creativity – A Ramble”
– “Three Basic Tips For Coming Up With Good Settings In The Horror Genre”
– “Three Random Tips For Informal Creative Research”
– “Three Tips For Making Rushed And/Or Uninspired Art Look Better”
– “Two Basic Tips To Avoid Making “Bloated” Creative Works”
– “Five Reasons Why Fictional Villains Are Such Interesting Characters”
– “In Art, Style Matters As Much As (Or More Than) Substance – A Ramble”
– “One Thing That The Romance Genre Does Differently To Most Other Genres”