First of all, Happy Halloween everyone 🙂 Anyway, since it’s the end of the month, it’s time for my usual list of links to what I consider to be the ten best articles about making art, making webcomics, writing fiction etc… that I’ve posted here over the past month. As usual, I’ll also include a few honourable mentions too.
All in all, this month probably wasn’t the best one in terms of articles. Partly, this was due to being busy with a couple of other projects at the time of preparing this month’s articles in addition to problems caused by tiredness and/or writer’s block. Still, there were some good articles posted here this month.
So, without any further ado, here are the lists. Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – October 2018
– “Three Stress- Reduction Tips For Making Comics And/Or Webcomics”
– “Why “Less Is More” Applies To Blood In Horror Comics – A Ramble”
– “Time Travel And Art Mediums- A Ramble”
– “Are Games Art? – A Ramble”
– “The Joy Of … The ‘Hedonism’ Genre”
– “Three Things An Old Computer Game Can Teach Us About How To Add Some Heavy Metal To The Fantasy Genre”
– “Three Unusual Things To Do If You Write Yourself Into A Corner”
– “Single-Location Comedy – A Ramble”
– “Three Ways To Deal With Comparing Your Own Creative Works To ‘Great Works’”
– “Making Art – Do The ‘Graphics’ Matter? – A Ramble”
– “Using Fake Anachronisms In Historical Art And Fiction – A Ramble”
– “Creativity, Subcultures And Fandoms – A Ramble”
– “Four Reasons Why Creating Stuff With Older And/Or Low-Tech Tools Is Awesome“
First of all, happy Halloween everyone 🙂 Anyway, since it’s the end of the month, I thought that I’d make the usual list of links to what I think are the ten best articles about writing, art and comics that I’ve posted here this month (I’ll also probably include a couple of honourable mentions too).
Unfortunately, many of this month’s articles were horrifyingly terrible. I don’t know, I guess that this was just one of those uninspired months that I sometimes have.
The fact that I wrote many of this month’s articles back during the summer probably didn’t help either (I don’t know, hot weather has a habit of making me feel uninspired). Nonetheless, there were at least a few vaguely good articles this month. So, without any further ado, here’s the list:
Top Ten Articles For October 2015:
– “Three Tips For Writing Sci-Fi Political Drama”
– “What Can ‘All Along The Watchtower’ Teach Us About Minimalist Storytelling?”
– “Three Twisted Ways To Make Your Horror Comic Disturbing (And Why They Work)”
– “Four Reasons To Include Unfashionable or Strange Clothing Designs In Your Art”
– “Three More Tips For Drawing And Painting From Memory Alone”
– “What Can We Learn From Roy Lichtenstein?”
– “Three Basic Thoughts About Writing Epic Space War Storylines In Sci-Fi Stories And Comics”
– “The Joy Of…. Hedonistic Characters”
– “Three Very Basic Tips For Creating Fictional Historical Ephemera (In Comics And Stories)”
– “Some Thoughts On Learning How To Type Quickly”
– “The Power Of An Art Style”
– “Find Your Own Definition Of Rebellion – A Ramble”