Well, it’s the end of the month. So, I thought that I’d do my usual thing of collecting a list of links to the ten best articles about writing, reading etc… that I’ve posted here over the past month (plus a couple of honourable mentions too).
All in all, this month’s articles went reasonably well – even if, behind the scenes, creating them was a little bit slower and more erratic (due to being busy with other stuff) than usual. Still, thanks to a large enough buffer of pre-written articles (seriously, if you’re starting a blog, you need one of these!), it didn’t affect the posting schedule 🙂
In terms of reviews, there were less game reviews than I’d expected this month (“Doom II” WADs aside, the only game I reviewed was the excellent “Dreamfall: Chapters”) but this meant that I could review twelve novels this month 🙂 My favourites were probably: “Deathday” By Shaun Hutson, “Sunburn” by Laura Lippman, “Rosewater” by Tade Thompson, “Lair” by James Herbert and “The Damnation Game” by Clive Barker.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – January 2020:
– “Three Things To Do If Your Story Gets Stuck On A Mini-Cliffhanger”
– “Four Things Writers Can Learn From 1980s Shaun Hutson Novels”
– “Three Things That Writers Can Learn From 1980s Clive Barker Novels”
– “Four Reasons To Read Older Novels”
– “Three Tips For Choosing A Book To Read Next”
– “Four Tips For Adding Pop Culture References To Your Story”
– “Four Thoughts About Writing Modern Noir Fiction”
– “How To Use Signposting To Make Your Story Less Confusing”
– “Why Dismissing The Past Is Bad For Creativity- A Ramble”
– “Four More Tips For Making Your Thriller Story More Gripping”