Well, it’s the end of the month and this means that it’s time to do my usual thing of collecting a list of links to the ten best articles about art, writing etc… that I’ve posted here over the past month (plus a couple of honourable mentions too).
All in all, this month’s articles turned out fairly well – not to mention that, although I’m still using a slower production schedule (but, thanks to a large pre-made “buffer” of articles, articles still appear here daily), I’ve managed to get back up to preparing about four articles/reviews a week.
In terms of reviews, this month was fairly interesting. At the beginning of this month, I reviewed the final novel (Joan D. Vinge’s excellent 1980s sci-fi epic “The Snow Queen“) in my extended 1-2 year series of book reviews. Yes, I hope to get back into reading again at some point in the future, but I need a break from books for a while. To my surprise, I also ended up reviewing a computer game – the brilliantly fun “Saints Row: The Third” – this month too, despite not originally planning to.
Still, I focused most on film reviews this month and ended up reviewing twelve films. My favourites were probably: “Suspiria (1977)”, “Only Lovers Left Alive“, “Citizen Kane“, “Turtles Are Surprisingly Fast Swimmers“, “Star Wars IV: A New Hope (Original theatrical version)” and “Ghost Ship“.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – June 2020:
– “How To Create A CRT Television Effect (Using Open-Source Software)”
– “In Defence Of Slow Pacing In Novels And Films”
– “Four Reasons Why People Enjoy “High-Brow” Creative Works”
– “Some Very Basic Tips For Making Monochrome Art”
– “Three Things Horror Movies Can Teach Us About Writing Gruesome Horror Fiction (That Is Actually Scary)”
– “Four Tips For Making Art Using MS Paint 5.1”
– “Three Thoughts About Taking A Break From Reading Novels”
-“Three Things Horror Writers Can Learn From A Horror Game”
– “Three Ways To Learn New Image Editing Techniques”
– “Why Worldbuilding Matters More Than Story”