Well, it’s the end of the month and this means that it’s time for me to do my usual thing of collecting a list of links to the ten best articles about writing, art, books etc.. that I’ve posted here over the past month. As usual, I’ll also include a couple of honourable mentions too.
This month’s articles turned out fairly well, although there were more articles about writing than about making art (this seems to be something of a trend over the past few months). Plus, this month also saw a comic-format article (linked at the top of the list later in this article) too – seriously, it has been years since I last made one of these 🙂
Likewise, I also ended up reviewing fourteen books this month and, to my delight, also read more sci-fi novels than usual too 🙂
My favourite books from this month’s reviews are probably: “Nova Swing” by M. John Harrison, “The Accidental Time Machine” by Joe Haldeman, “Ghost Dance” by Rebecca Levine, “Blood Music” by Greg Bear, “What Could Possibly Go Wrong?” By Jodi Taylor and “The Ice Queen” by Alice Hoffman.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – July 2019:
– ” ‘Books – A Comic’ By C. A. Brown” (Comic)
– “Three Reasons Why Authors Write Books That Are ‘Difficult To Read’ ”
– “Three Things To Do When You Worry That Your Short Story Is ‘Badly Written’ ”
– “Good Stories Always Have ‘Deleted Scenes’ – A Ramble”
– “Three Basic Tips For Making Your Thriller Story More Gripping”
– “Three Thoughts About How To Use Multiple Story Threads”
– “How To Use Misdirection In The Horror Genre – A Ramble”
– “Three More Tips About When To Abandon A Short Story Project”
– “One Clever Way To Make Minimalist Art Interesting (With An Example)”
– “Three Tips For Writing Bleak Fiction (That People Will Actually Want To Read)”