Well, it’s the end of the month (and the year), so I thought that I’d do my usual thing of collecting a list of links to the best ten articles about writing etc… that I’ve post here over the past month (plus a couple of honourable mentions too).
Although some this month’s articles didn’t turn out as well as I’d hoped (and, looking over them again, there’s even a bit of repetition – in the sense that I wrote two articles about adding humour to fiction), some of them turned out reasonably well though. I don’t know, I guess I was going through a bit of an uninspired phase when preparing some of the articles that appeared in the later parts of this month.
In terms of reviews, I was still getting back into writing occasional computer game reviews 🙂 And I ended up reviewing about twice as many games as I’d expected, namely: “Remothered: Tormented Fathers“, “Skylar And Plux: Adventure On Clover Island“, “Dex: Enhanced Version“, the 2013 remake of “Shadow Warrior” and the “Wanton Destruction” expansion for the original 1997 “Shadow Warrior” in addition to the usual “Doom II” WAD reviews.
On the other hand, this meant that I only had the time and space to review nine novels this month. My favourites of these were probably: “The Haunting Of Hill House” by Shirley Jackson, “Idoru” by William Gibson, “Star Trek: The Next Generation – Sins Of Commission” by Susan Wright, “Kill All Angels” by Robert Brockway and “A Wanted Man” by Lee Child.
Anyway, here are the lists 🙂 Enjoy 🙂
Top Ten Articles – December 2019:
– “Old Fiction Vs Historical Fiction”
– “Shock Value And Storytelling Mediums – A Ramble”
– “Three Reasons Why Authors Write Book Series”
– “One Strange Reason Why Your Novel Might Feel Lifeless”
– “Why Good Horror Novels Include Comedy”
– “Using Contrast To Improve Your Story”
– “Why Are Thriller Novels So Long?”
– “How Scale Progression Makes Thriller Stories Gripping”
– “Why Humour Is Important In Every Genre Of Story”
– “Three Game Design Techniques That Writers Can Use”